The University of Sheffield has wide-ranging and established interests in many aspects of energy research in engineering and the physical, natural and social sciences. We have world-class strengths in the following areas:
- Energy generation from conventional and alternative sources
- Energy conservation and efficient use
- Energy-related environmental programmes on waste incineration and nuclear waste immobilisation and disposal
- Management issues concerning the energy supply chain
- Environmental science focused on carbon emissions
Research income for the year 2010-2011 was £100M. With strong existing partnerships across a broad range of industries, the University of Sheffield is number 1 for TSB Collaborative R&D grants, and number 1 in Great Britain for Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) awards.